Role : Senior Test Engineer (LPD)
Experience :6 -8 years
Job Location : Bangalore
Role & Responsibilities:
- Define and establish Manual and Automation Test strategy for the product under development
- Take ownership of all aspects of testing in agile development such as Creation, Execution and maintenance of manual test cases and automated test scripts
- Ownership of Quality on the assigned application / module / feature for testing
- Proactively Reporting defects / quality issues early in the development life cycle and tracking it to closure
- Support the development team in debugging
- Should be able to carry out the assigned tasks independently
- Should be able to guide the other team members in Manual testing and test automation activities
- Report test summary and status in a timely manner
- Improving quality of product by adopting innovative test methods
Technical and other Skills:
- 6 to 8 years of experience in software testing. Preferably in Embedded and Web based applications.
- Strong Manual testing and test automation experience .
- Proficient in independently developing test strategy, test plan and test cases from specifications .
- Executing tests as per the process and effective reporting of status.
- Experience in using defect reporting and tracking tool such as JIRA.
- Strong Experience in Python scripting to develop test automation .
- Expertise in developing test automation using open source framework preferably Selenium and Robot Framework.
- Should have worked as part of Software Agile development teams as test engineer.
- Experience in API Testing using REST or SOAP Clients preferred.
- Work experience on Performance and load testing. Tools such as JMeter preferred.
- Understands Quality metrics.
- Knowledge of C#, & .NET environment would be plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and Excellent Team player.