Role : Engineering Manager – Technical Delivery Leadership
Experience : 9+ years
Job Location : Bangalore
Role & Responsibilities:
Highly qualified technically oriented Delivery Head to manage the development and support of highly scalable Spring Java based web services and web applications. The ideal candidate should be technically sound with hands on experience in building SaaS applications, web services etc. and have proven team management experience.
- Manage the entire cycle of delivery of our software into the market place, which includes o Sprint Planning
- Resource sizing
- Prioritizing deliverables
- Effort Estimation
- Negotiation with other stakeholders
- Manage the technical delivery of code
- Ensuring Testing
- Ensuring DevOps till release to clients
- Provide technical leadership to the development team
- Assist and manage the product implementations.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, as well as other product teams effectively
- Be an influencer and key contributor in Management meetings
- Get the teams to provide realistic estimates and help in technical issues if needed
- Bachelors or master’s degree (preferably in Computer Science or Information Science)
- Over 9+ years of experience with at least 4+ years of delivery leadership experience
- Extensive experience designing and developing systems for scale, high performance and or highly secure, and importantly high availability systems.
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving and technical innovation.
- Must have prior experience in: o Providing technical leadership to Java, database and web (and or mobile) developers
- Providing technical guidance to test teams focused on manual testing and automated testing methodologies.
- Build and release management
- Self-driven and must have strong experience in the world of product development
- Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach in delivering software that optimizes technology architecture across business needs and keeping in mind technology constraints
- Must not only have designed and developed code, but must have strong skills in unit testing and working with Testing teams
- Must have very strong capability to influence stakeholders
- Must have the humility to back out in the face objections or when better options exist.
- Experience in estimation, resource management, and end to end delivery management of solutions.
- Good understanding of cloud computing technologies like Amazon Web Services
- Good understanding of Core Java and related technologies like J2EE frameworks, Spring MVC, design patterns etc.
- Proven experience/exposure with mobile app development platforms like Appcelerator.
- Strong design and development skills with database technologies and MySQL in particular
- Good development experience in using Web technologies including HTML5, CSS, jQuery and front-end frameworks like Bootstrap, AngularJS and Backbone.
- Must know principles and techniques involved to ensure non-functional requirements such as performance and security are factored during design and development
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) project methodologies
- Must be willing to wear multiple hats both in development and testing to ensure the right products are being built
- Must have experience in doing code reviews, writing unit test cases, and working closely with all stakeholders involved in product engineering
- Exposure to automated build and release processes would be a plus
- Excellent communication skills with ability to mentor team members